Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sharifa Asma - an English rose

Sharifa Asma is by far one of my favorite roses. I planted her right next to the front porch 2 years ago. She was in bloom from June until well after the first frosts, and now stands about 3 ft by 3 ft. She had about a foot of green cane after winter here in zone 5, and I did not winterize this rose at all. She is a rose bred by David Austin and hence is called an"English rose" released in 1983.

She is absolutely gorgeous and I highly recommend her for your zone 5 garden. Her fragrance is of an old rose scent and I love the way the scent wafts throught my front yard on a cool breezy day . She has been fairly healthy with very little black spot or mildew this year and just a real joy of a rose!

Sharifa Asma

1 comment:

The Spanish Dahlia said...

Hi,
So glad I stopped in to visit you. I too am a great fan of "roses"!!! Thanks also for suggesting Pickering Nursery. The prices are wonderful and the availability as well. I just placed a big order and can't wait to receive them! Nice blog, I am folowing you now. I also have a blog. Should you wish to visit me sometime I'm at: the spanishdahlia.typepad.com. Have a lovely weekend, should be nice and sunny here in upstate NY!
~ Stephanie